In 2020 and 2021, when schools were delivering their lessons on-line and parents were home-schooling it was a very difficult time for many. So, during National Apprenticeship Week 2021, we wanted to help ONS staff by giving them some time back while we taught their children some data science.Read more on Bitesize data science for kids
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2021, we asked some of our degree data science apprentices why they chose the apprenticeship, and the impact it has had on their career journey so far.Read more on National Apprenticeship Week 2021
To mark National Apprenticeship Week, our Data Science Degree apprentices share their progress and the difference they are making at the Data Science Campus.Read more on Doing so much more than making tea!
The new Data Science Degree Apprenticeship is now live for delivery. Alison Adams shares her experience of leading the Trailblazer group to develop an innovative new learning pathway.Read more on Trailblazing degree apprenticeships
Our current cohort of apprentices have just finished their training modules and are well on their way to completing their apprenticeships. Lucy and Joe tell us about their journey so far, as part of National Apprenticeship Week.Read more on Our current apprentices – how are they getting on?
To mark the 12th annual National Apprenticeship Week, we caught up with some of our first data analytics apprentices now they have successfully completed their apprenticeship.Read more on The first data analytics apprentices – where are they now?
What we’re working on
- UK data science on a global stage
- Evaluating synthetic data using SynthGauge
- Case study: responding to the coronavirus pandemic using aggregated BT mobility data
- Use of hybrid data to understand the community-level influences on coronavirus (COVID-19) incidence
- Worker shortages: A window on labour demand during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- The Data Science Campus – five years of data science for public good