Here’s our latest monthly update for the Data Science Campus, covering February 2018. We’ve taken the liberty of stretching the…Read more on The month that was – February 2018 (plus a bit)
1. Executive Summary The Evaluating Calorie Intake for Population Statistical Estimates (ECLIPSE) project was carried out by the Data Science…Read more on Evaluating Calorie Intake
Here’s our update for November, the month when the Campus won an award and had the privilege of welcoming numerous…Read more on The month that was – November 2017
Using doubly labelled water to improve our understanding of the UK’s calorie intake. The problem We’re not very good at…Read more on How much is the UK eating?
Can we improve self-reported estimates of energy (calorie) consumption? Background The 2016 ‘Counting Calories’ report highlighted a disparity between self-reported…Read more on Evaluating calorie intake for population statistical estimates (ECLIPSE)
Our recent work
- Advancing official statistics through web data and international partnerships
- Using new shipping data to improve government understanding of trade flows
- Using open data to understand hyperlocal differences in UK public transport availability
- Using Sentinel-2 images to measure the change in tree coverage in eastern Uganda: what does it mean for the Mbale Trees Programme?
- Using data science to help inform regional broadband investment
- Campus in the top three at the UN PET Lab hackathon