This summer, the Campus hosted two interns as part of the HDR UK’s Black Internship Programme. Read more about their experience, embedded in real-life data science projects within our teams.Read more on Improving career opportunities for Black data scientists in the UK
The Data Science and Data Visualisation Accelerator mentoring programmes will open for applications in January 2022.Read more on Boost your data science and visualisation skills in 2022!
Tuli Amutenya is a Graduate Data Scientist from the Namibia Statistics Agency who has spent the last 6 months at ONS. Here, Tuli shares her experiences and the learning she will be taking home.Read more on Bridging data science and statistics for international development
Data Science Accelerator mentee Ciaran Evans from the UK Hydrographic Office attempts to answer the question “What is the beach made of?”Read more on Mapping beaches with the Data Science Accelerator Programme
Across the public sector, analysts can benefit from the Data Science Accelerator, which opened for a new cohort of applications this week.Read more on Data Science Accelerator Programme
Our recent work
- Advancing official statistics through web data and international partnerships
- Using new shipping data to improve government understanding of trade flows
- Using open data to understand hyperlocal differences in UK public transport availability
- Using Sentinel-2 images to measure the change in tree coverage in eastern Uganda: what does it mean for the Mbale Trees Programme?
- Using data science to help inform regional broadband investment
- Campus in the top three at the UN PET Lab hackathon