Data Visualisation in R
This course introduces students to the grammar of graphics and building a plot using ggplot2.
Students will become familiar with how a plot is built using ggplot to learn to customise and create different plots.
- Be familiar with how to construct a basic plot using layers in ggplot;
- Understand how variables in the data are used to determine aesthetics of the plot;
- Be familiar with the concepts of tidy data;
- Understand the connection between different geoms and the type of plot they produce (e.g. geom_line, geom_point);
- Understand how to customise a plot using labs, theme, facet.
Online learning – not available
Independent learning – not available
Face to face – available
To discuss booking this course for remote delivery, please contact the Data Science Campus.