The Data Science Campus has designed the International Data Science Accelerator mentoring programme in collaboration with the United Nations (UN) Big Data Task Team on Training, Competencies and Capacity Development.Read more on What is the International Data Science Accelerator Programme?
Where do the days go? It’s already time for my latest update – providing an overview of what happened in the…Read more on The month that was – May 2018
One of our first Campus-funded students shares her experience as a data scientist in the Home Office undertaking the MSc in…Read more on The highs and lows of juggling university, work and life
Are you on the look out for an exciting opportunity to help us develop data science capability for public good?…Read more on We’re hiring lecturers in data science
This is our monthly update for September – one of a series of regular snapshots on what we’ve been doing…Read more on The month that was – September 2017
Welcome to “the month that was”, providing you with a snapshot of what we’ve been doing this month to support…Read more on The month that was – August 2017
Hi, I am Steven Hopkins, a Data Scientist in the Data Science Campus (DSC) which was officially opened last week,…Read more on Building data science capability
Our recent work
- Advancing official statistics through web data and international partnerships
- Using new shipping data to improve government understanding of trade flows
- Using open data to understand hyperlocal differences in UK public transport availability
- Using Sentinel-2 images to measure the change in tree coverage in eastern Uganda: what does it mean for the Mbale Trees Programme?
- Using data science to help inform regional broadband investment
- Campus in the top three at the UN PET Lab hackathon