We used machine learning to develop a model to identify areas of trees from satellite images in eastern Uganda, where the Mbale Trees Programme has been running since 2010.Read more on Using Sentinel-2 images to measure the change in tree coverage in eastern Uganda: what does it mean for the Mbale Trees Programme?
Our recent work
- Advancing official statistics through web data and international partnerships
- Using new shipping data to improve government understanding of trade flows
- Using open data to understand hyperlocal differences in UK public transport availability
- Using Sentinel-2 images to measure the change in tree coverage in eastern Uganda: what does it mean for the Mbale Trees Programme?
- Using data science to help inform regional broadband investment
- Campus in the top three at the UN PET Lab hackathon
Apprenticeships ATI calorie counting Capability collaborations Coronavirus COVID-19 CPD data data science Data Science Accelerator Data Science Campus Faculty Degree Apprenticeship E-Learning eclipse economy events Face to face Faster indicators of UK economic activity FCDO Data Science Hub Government Data Science Partnership Graduate Data Scientist programme health international International Data Science Accelerator Learning and Development Machine Learning Masters in Data Analytics for Government MDataGov Mentoring Mobility MSc National Apprenticeship Week Natural Language Processing partnerships Projects Python Research Self-learning skills STEM Sustainable Development Goals training visits weeknotes