The Advisory Board’s main roles are to:
- provide advice on Data Science Campus activities and the delivery of its strategic objectives;
- provide guidance on the development of the Campus and help the ONS executive give assurance to the Authority Board that the infrastructure is established and maintained in ways that serve the public good;
- review regularly how the Campus is working across ONS and government;
- advise on the principles, policies and procedures of the Campus;
- help resolve any high level issues which inhibit the Campus achieving its goals;
- help identify strategic risks to meeting Campus objectives and advise on their mitigation;
- help oversee and guide public engagement and communications strategies and
- advise on the opportunities for the development of the Campus.
The Advisory Board will be chaired by the Director General for Data Capability. The Campus will provide the Secretariat.
The Advisory Board will meet three times each year. Board members should attend meetings where possible, in-person or via teleconference. Meeting attendance should not normally be delegated to colleagues.